Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chief Sitting Bull

Hello Bloggers,
I made this card for my second son to give to his brother.  He chose the theme and certain areas of the card stock to be used himself.
I've used a Kanban kit which included the cream foiled stitch effect card (I cut this pre-scored card in half and used both pieces down the right side leaving a gap in the middle), Buffalo Hide background card down the other side (this is where my son got picky about where the card was cut for that certain part used), Teepee Leather background card is used to fill the gap in the middle of the cream stitch and also for the lettering and numbers used in the sentiment.  The toppers are Spirit of the Land and Great Plain Warriors (they both have a beautiful red foil distressed border around them), the toppers were mounted on Bronze/copper colour texture foil card as was the leather strip in the middle of the cream, a Navajo Tribe foil ribbon is used down the entire length of the card.  The lettering and numbers
 was cut using the Quickcuts Mini Marisa Upper case dies and Tim Holtz Word Play die.
I love this card, I have already used this kit before to make a card (a smaller one than this) for my Dad who really loved it and said that it brought back happy memories.  Thanks for stopping by Caz xxx

1 comment:

englishrose897 said...

Love the card. I really struggle with male cards. I much Prefer to female cards. Sally