Wednesday, April 18, 2012

King Tutankhamun

Hello everyone from a very rainy Nottingham,
I hope the weather is better where you are!
  I made this card for my youngest son to give to his brother, he chose the theme himself.
I've used a black A4 size card (A3 folded in half), King Tutankhamun - the Golden Age topper (this topper is highly gold foiled with shades of turquoise and green around his head dress, black behind him and a stone effect border with hieroglyphics framing him, it's not far of A5 in size, so it's quite a large topper).  The photo here does not do it justice.  It's by Kanban as are the Pearlised printed papers, Basket weave adhesive texture sheet, black Lastra card, Foiled adhesive borders and ribbons.  I've also used Gold peel off corners on the Lastra card under the topper and for framing my sentiment.  The sentiment was cut from the turquoise basket weave sheet using Tim Holtz Upon a time die.
This card is very bright with all that Foil.  I know that male cards can be difficult to make and even I struggle for inspiration, but with having three boys myself then I have to come up with something that they will not only love to receive but also to give to their friends.
Thanks for stopping by Caz xxx

No comments: