Friday, May 4, 2012

A bumper kit of Pyramage and Invertage

Hello crafty friends,
My dear belated husband gave me this kit as a sort of get well present one year instead of a bunch of flowers, as they would have made me worse at the time.  That was more than a just few years ago now.  If I remember right, I think that it was a C&C kit.  It got packed away along with all my other craft stuff and I just focused on the boys and myself getting through the day, one day at a time, that is until now, time to move on.
The cards in the kit are all square pre-printed flower theme designs (like the one in the next picture and theres 20 designs, 2 of each) so that you build the pyramage on one and the invertage onto the other, theres also a  great selection of patterned insert papers in various colours and a sheet of stickers too that match the card designs (as laid out above).  I like to play with the cards rather than use them as they are intended!
 Using a craft knife and metal edge ruler, I cut the flower picture out the middle leaving the thin border in place and matted it onto gold mirri card, I covered the inside of the card on both sides also with gold mirri.  I turned the card over onto the front so that I could cut the aperture back in, then using one of the patterned inserts, I made a mat on top of the mirri on both sides and again turned over to cut the aperture back in.  I placed the flower picture inside the card on the back, making sure it aligned with the aperture and stuck it down.  Opening the card out, I built up the layers of pyramage.  Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
Caz xxx

No comments: