Friday, January 30, 2015

June Inspiration Day

Hello friends,
Today's card was inspired by Christine and her blog more than a few years ago now,
 (http://hope-chances.blogspot.co.uk)
for the June inspiration day of red, white, and blue.
I didn't have a clue where to start so I looked through my collection of 12" x 12" papers and found this pretty blue floral design and decided to build my card around it.  I also found the pale blue harlequin paper in my stash and thought that it picked out the paler blue of the flowers, both papers are by DCWV and I've had them for years!!!
I also decided that I wanted to use the grand dahlia and the wonderful wings dies by Spellbinders.
I used the largest die to cut the shape of my card in white and made sure that the fold was inside away from the cutting edge, I also cut two in red card and embossed them.  I cut two more in white using the second die in and then cut two from the flower paper with the third die in, also embossed.  This is when I decided to make an easel  card.  I layered the blue and white onto the red as shown and matched them to the card before gluing in place, I also trimmed a little of the top of the two petals for the base to allow for the fold.  I cut two more in white using the smallest die, embossed both and then ran one back through using the M-bossabilities folder Garden delight while still in the dahlia die (I did this by leaving the folder open and making sure that the cutting side of the die is not facing the folder but going into the tan mat).  I cut this into three panels and mounted onto the front as shown with 3D pads.  I wrapped some red glitter thread around the other one and glued to the base for the sentiment and to anchor the easel.  I also used two red and one white fabric flowers from my stash and cut out one of the flowers from the left over paper,  attached them together with a red brad and glued in place to add extra support.  I chose two of the wonderful wings butterflies with their matching counterparts, cut and embossed two of one and one of the other in the harlequin paper, and then cut the same again in white vellum using the matching detailed dies.  I attached the vellum to the paper by sewing down the centre of each one with the red glitter thread and leaving enough of the thread for their antenna.  I attached to the card as shown with  Pinflair glue.
I hope you like it, this is not the type of colour combination that I would normally go with as it is very a patriotic and bold look!  But then it's always good to step outside of that box/ comfort zone.  Pleases feel free to leave a comment, good or bad, it's always nice to hear what you think.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look
Caz xxx



No comments: